Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Like Grass

 

Life stretches out before us...
seemingly endlessly

So easy take for granted,
to forget that each day is a gift...
 
...that there are no guarantees

 
"As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more."
Psalm 102:15,16
 


Two funerals puncuated the truth this week
that earthly life comes to an end
 
One life lived long and full,
another snuffed out suddenly...
...far, far too soon
 
Even in the midst of deep tragedy,
I hold firm to my belief
that God is good...

"But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord's love is with those who fear him"
Psalm 102: 17
 

 

I believe God's good goes far beyond what we see here on earth

"For my Father's will is that
everyone who looks to the Son and
believes in Him shall have eternal life,
and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:40

 


My hope is in the One who offers
living water to all who will receive it

 
"Jesus answered,
'Everyone who drinks of this [physical] water
will be thirsty again, but
whoever drinks the [spiritual] water I give him
will never thirst, indeed
the water I give him will become in him
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'"
John 4:13,14


 



Where do you find hope?



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...